- NIDA Director Dr. Volkow has published two new blog posts:
- COVID-19: Potential Implications for Individuals with Substance Use Disorders: https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/noras-blog/2020/03/covid-19-potential-implications-individuals-substance-use-disorders
- Connection between Sleep and Substance Use Disorders: https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/noras-blog
- The next meeting of the NIH HEAL Initiative’s Multi-Disciplinary Working Group (MDWG) will take place on March 18, 2020 at 8:30 am. The MDWG includes external experts in pain and addiction research from across the scientific and advocacy communities and convenes regularly to ensure broad engagement with the initiative’s research aims and plans. The meeting will be webcast: https://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?live=35980&bhcp=1
The agenda is here: https://heal.nih.gov/events/2020-03-mdwg
- National Drug & Alcohol Facts Week® is coming up: March 30-April 5
NDAFW is a week of educational events that annually brings together teens and scientific experts to SHATTER THE MYTHS® about substance use and addiction. For more information and to learn how your organization can participate, please see: https://www.drugabuse.gov/news-events/news-releases/2019/11/event-registration-opens-10th-anniversary-national-drug-alcohol-facts-weekr.