This is the second webinar in the telehealth series for the Opioid Response Network (ORN).
- Define teletherapy
- Review federal regulations regarding provision of teletherapy during COVID-19 national emergency
- Identify HIPAA compliant teletherapy platforms
- Describe strategies for conducting both group and individual teletherapy sessions
- Discuss management of OUD in the context of social distancing, stay at home, and shelter in place orders
- Coding/billing for teletherapy visits
- Access resources regarding teletherapy and OUD
This webinar, hosted by the American Osteopathic Academy of Addiction Medicine through a Opioid Response Network STR-TA grant, will present ways to incorporate telemedicine into treatment programming for substance use disorders, including how to evaluate and expand access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT) using telemedicine, types of telehealth provider settings, implementation of PCSS best practices and evolving barriers. Billing codes will also be addressed.
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by grant no. 6H79TI080816 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.